Saturday, March 12, 2011

Etsy Shop: Ruby and Jane

What will I find in your shop? Fashionable hair accessories and jewelry.

How did you come about opening your shop? I learned to make crocheted baby booties from a neighbor. I really liked the booties but they needed something more so I invented a pattern for a flower to go on top of them. Later I was looking for new flower ideas on the web and ran across this headband from Abercrombie and Fitch with a flower that wasn't as cute as mine for $32! I thought it was so ridiculous to pay that much for a cute headband so I started toying with different ideas. I soon realized that I was much more talented at the hair stuff than the booties :) However, I still wasn't wanting to give up totally on crochet so I came up with the earrings.

What is your favorite item in your shop? My tatted earrings. Even though they are the devil to make, and I will probably end up with carpal tunnel syndrome thanks to those little babies...there is a timeless grace about tatting and I plan on creating even more designs to sell.

What is your favorite Etsy Shop?www.etsy.com/shop/jennifermorrisbeads
(I know cliche but who doesn't love this shop?!?)
www.etsy.com/shop/struffoli
(My dream is to be able to knit and crochet like she does)

1 comment: